Pippy Sips is guided by a simple mandate: create convenience, reliability and safety in breastmilk cooling and storage. We will be fulfilling that mandate in two ways. First, by developing pumping accessories that improve upon the status quo-starting with our first product, Maia™, a patented (Maia™ is protected by U.S. Patent No. 11,173,099), all-in-one system for storing, cooling and monitoring breastmilk. And second, through various breastfeeding-related philanthropic efforts. We want every mom to have the freedom to #PumpAnywhere…
How It Works:
- Wash thoroughly before use (hand wash with water and soap)
- 18/8 stainless steel, vacuum-insulated, double-walled
- The components of Maia™ will be housed in this shell
- The shell will indicate if a Maia™ component missing. For example, if you forget the puck, there will be a wide gap at the top around the thermo-lid when you seal Maia™. This will ensure you don't forget anything!
- The puck is your “ice pack” but sleeker and cooler. Pun intended!
- Simply throw in the freezer overnight and pack in the morning for your pumping day
- Do not put in dishwasher or microwave
- Do not pull thermo-tip (metal tip connected to the lid) while cleaning
- The thermo-lid has a simple “double-tap” technology that allows you to check the temperature of your breastmilk
- A vacuum-insulated stainless steel shell and cooling puck (“rechargeable” in the freezer overnight) that maximize cooling speed and duration.
- 16+ hours of cooling without the need for electricity.
- Light BPA-free inner plastic bottle that holds 10 ounces of milk and is compatible with industry leading pumps.
- Adapter is provided with purchase for wide-mouth pumps.
- A thermo-lid to monitor temperature. Simply double-tap to reveal the temperature. The thermo-lid will also read “HOT” if the temperature is reaching a higher range.
- The lid of the shell has a circular cut-out to cue whether all pieces are properly in place and to let you know if you forgot a piece.
- 30 Day Product Warranty
Why We Love It:
- Mom invented. Mom used.
- No embarrassing moments at the office, gym, co-working space, etc.
- Confidence milk is cool
- Stainless Steel is classic and (almost) bullet proof
- Easy peasy for me and healthy for baby
What temperature should my milk be stored safely at?
Breastmilk can be stored safely at 59° Fahrenheit or cooler for 24 hours. Maia™ will keep milk at a safe temperature in an ambient setting (60-75° F) for 16+ hours. See chart on next page.
Will Maia™ instantly cool my milk to 59° F or cooler?
We wish! Maia™ will get your breastmilk to 59° F or cooler within an hour. The good news is that breastmilk can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 hours and Maia™ safely gets it to a cooler temp within that timeframe (much faster, because it’s Maia™!).
Why does breastmilk need to be put in a freezer when the thermo-lid reads "brr?"
Believe it or not, breastmilk needs to be frozen when reaching a certain temperature and frozen breastmilk is treated differently than refrigerated breastmilk.
If the thermo-lid reads "hot," how long do I have before I need to get it in a refrigerator?
Based on breastmilk storage guidelines, you can store breastmilk at room temperature for up to 4 hours. If the thermo-lid reads "hot," it's probably best if you can get your milk to a refrigerator within 2 hours. Don’t worry too much! Breastmilk is durable.
Using Maia Safely:
DO NOT MICROWAVE ANY PARTS
DO NOT BOIL THERMO-LID
DO NOT PUT THERMO-LID, SHELL OR PUCK IN THE DISHWASHER
DO NOT PULL THE THERMO-TIP (METAL TIP CONNECTED TO LID)
DO NOT PLACE MAIA™ UNIT IN THE FRIDGE (THE MAIA™ UNIT IS INSULATED AND WILL NOT COOL LIQUID MORE EFFECTIVELY IN THE FRIDGE)
PUCK SHOULD BE USED IN MAIA™ THROUGHOUT THE DAY. IF NOT IN USE, PUCK SHOULD BE IN THE FREEZER AND NOT BE LEFT IN HOT CONDITIONS. IF PUCK IS USED OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS DESCRIBED IN THE USER MANUAL, IT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY.